Cilantro Lime Honey Grilled Chicken Salad is so good you will want to make it every week in May in addition to Cinco de Mayo. My husband and neighbor boys all wanted seconds. It is savory and sweet at its best.
Calories: 200 per serving
3 chicken breasts, cut into 1" strips
juice of 2 limes
2 Tbls. olive oil
1 tsp. cumin
1 tsp. chili powder
1 bunch Romaine lettuce, broken into 1" pieces
2 tomatoes, diced
1 cup fresh corn kernals
1/2 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
1 avocado, diced
1 bunch of green onions, chopped
1/4 cup feta cheese (optional)
Cilantro Lime Honey Dressing (recipe follows)
1. In a shallow baking dish, place chicken strips. Evenly spread lime juice and oil over chicken. Sprinkle cumin and chili powder over chicken strips.
2. Grill on medium heat for 4 to 6 minutes, turning once. Remove from heat and keep warm.
3. In a large bowl, toss lettuce, tomatoes, corn, beans, avocado, onions, and cheese.
4. Just before serving, add grilled chicken and dressing. Toss to coat.
Cilantro Lime Honey Dressing
1/4 cup olive oil
3 Tbls. honey
juice of 2 limes
2 Tbls. cilantro leaves, chopped
2 cloves of garlic cloves, minced
1. Place all ingredients in blender and pulse until combined.
A few days ago, I had the opportunity to be involved in a private blogger event at Oteo Restaurant in Lindon, Utah. It is one of my favorite places to dine. The food is clean and whole and absolutely fabulous. Not only does it satisfy my particular palette, but the food is in harmony with my healthylicious program. Mosi and his family run this restaurant and prove to be gracious hosts as well as excellent restauranteers and culinary wonders.
Kale Salad with a touch of sweetness and a delicious, refreshing start to any meal at Oteo.
Ceviche is a seafood appetizer. This particular Ceviche at Oteo features red onion, cilantro, shrimp, lobster, and sweet mango and red onions. It was fabulous!
Blackened Salmon wrapped in a sweet potato with adobo olive oil is Paleo goodness at its best.
Roasted Chicken Tinga in a yam cup is topped with red cabbage, white onions, and red radish. This was a light, tasty, savory dish.
Cronut with Custard for dessert.
Drew Manning was one of the celebs at the event. He has a book out about imposing a rare journey of choosing to go from fit to fat to fit and has written a book about his experience filling his body with food that does not do a body good.
You may have also seen Drew on Extreme Weight Loss. He was a guest on this television reality series sharing his new found perspective.
Friends, this salad is a copy-cat recipe of a delightful salad we enjoyed at Cafe Galleria in Midway. It is the perfect, light, flavorful, interesting salad that I love for Spring. #Whole food.
1 head of Romaine lettuce, washed and cut into 1 inch pieces
1 pear, thinly sliced
1/2 cup blue cheese crumbles
2 ounces walnuts
3 Tbls. sugar
Creamy Vinaigrette Dressing (recipe follows)
1. In a large bowl, combine lettuce, pear, and blue cheese.
2. In a small skillet, melt 3 tablespoons sugar over medium heat.
3. Add walnuts and stir to coat. Immediately remove from heat and transfer to plate to cool.
4. Add walnuts and toss with Creamy Vinaigrette Dressing.
1/3 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup organic milk
3 Tbls. sugar
1 Tbls. apple cider vinegar
1. In a small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, milk, sugar, and vinegar.